First generation C. Goudriaan Senior
The history of the family business Goudriaan goes back to the year of its foundation in 1926. C. Goudriaan senior then established the company in Ouderkerk aan den IJssel and started his one-man business as owner / driver. The first truck was a single-axle T-Ford box truck with a 2-ton loading capacity.
The first expansion came two years after its foundation, which is now 1928. A brother of C. Goudriaan Sr., namely A. Goudriaan, joined the business. A second T-Ford truck was bought and the sole proprietorship continued as a general partnership (VOF).
In the early days, the cargo varied from sand, gravel and coal to pigs. The pigs were collected from the farmer and transported to the livestock market or the slaughterhouse. Physical labor was not shunned. The cargo offered as baggage was then carried by the drivers themselves.
After some time, the first driver was hired, so that until the Second World War, three people were driving. The fleet now consisted of two T-Fords and a Chevrolet, while the loading capacity had increased to 6 to 7 tons per vehicle. From that time (1930) there are still old relationships that still exist today.
Gradually the transport company received more orders from shipyards, construction companies and sheet metal processing companies, as well as trading companies.
When the war ended, a fresh start was made. Successively, a used Bedford, a V8 Ford civil car, a Brokway, 3 Bedfords and the first DAF were bought again.